Highlights: PM Modi Interacts With India’s Tokyo-Bound Athletes | Olympics News
PM Modi had a virtual interaction with India’s athletes headed to Tokyo Olympics.© AFP
Prime Minister Narendra Modi interacts with India’s Tokyo-bound athletes on Tuesday ahead of the Olympic Games, which are finally set to get underway this month after a year’s delay. PM Modi had taken stock of India’s Olympic preparations on Friday. “Reviewed preparations for facilitation of India’s contingent at @Tokyo2020. Discussed the logistical details, their vaccination status, the multi-disciplinary support being given,” he had written. India will be sending 126 athletes across 18 sports disciplines to Tokyo, which is the largest-ever Indian contingent at any Olympics.
Here are the PM Modi’s from his interaction with the athletes:
- In the previous ‘Mann ki Baat’, I had spoken about you and other athletes. After your three Gold medals in Paris, the whole country is talking about you: PM Modi to Deepika Kumari.
- There are expectations, but the biggest expectations are from myself: Deepika Kumari tells PM Modi on how she handles pressure of expectation.
- You are a champion, but your parents are champions too: PM Modi to archer Pravin Jadhav.
- I have always admired the Indian Army. After playing for five-six years, I was invited to join the Army. Since then they have provided me with whatever I have needed: Neeraj Chopra to PM Modi.
- Don’t worry about the pressure of expectations, just give your best: PM Modi to Neeraj Chopra.
- You are an athlete that the whole country takes inspiration from. Even among the Olympic contingent, there must be athletes who idolise you: PM Modi to Mary Kom.
- You had said it is your dream to win Gold at the Olympics. It is not just yours, but the entire country’s dream for you to win the Gold medal in Tokyo: PM Modi to Mary Kom.
- I had tried several sports before I began shooting, but when I started shooting, I got a different kind of excitement from the sport: Elavenil Valivaran to PM Modi.
- I would like to thank Gujarat University and my college because they have supported me a lot, given me a lot of help: Elavenil Valivaran to PM Modi.
Topics mentioned in this article
For all the latest Sports News Click Here