It’s time to test your freezers. Sargento Foods Inc. has simply given an enormous recall of seven cheeses as a result of possible disease from listeria monocytogenes. The business confirms no illnesses have already been claimed however. Listeriosis is actually a significant illness developed by eating contaminated with bacteria. Around 1,600 folks get infected each year and about 260 die. The bacteria is most bad for expectant mothers, infants, people aged 65 or older.
Collect and Sargento is currently continuing to carefully observe data from their supplier The supplier allegedly advised Sargento Food Inc. that the specialty Longhorn Colby cheese it provided had probably been infected and needed to be recalled. Supply reimbursements and the company continues to answer their buyers. Should you purchased cheese, you’re able to call 1800-CHEESES or email the organization via the Contact page on their site.
The recalled items include:
– Sargento Ultra Thin Slice Longhorn Colby
– Sargento Chef Blends Taco Cheese & Shredded Nacho
– Sargento Cut Colby-Jack Cheese
– Sargento Piece Pepper Jack Cheese
– Sargento Cook Blends Shredded Taco Cheese
– Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Colby-Jack Cheese
– Sargento Off the Stop Shredded Fine Cut Cheddar Jack Cheese
This recall not affected any other Sargento branded items.