AB tak 79…79 reasons why we love Amitabh Bachchan
Amitabh Bachchan. He’s our gold standard when it comes to acting yet insists he still has much to learn. A man adored by the millions and yet someone who remains unfazed by it all. He’s an opinion maker who takes his responsibilities seriously. He’s been an exemplary son, is an ideal father, and belongs to that rare, fading breed called gentlemen. His dignity and poise, his resilience in the face of adversity has been a source of inspiration to all. He’s turned 79 and as a token of our affection, we have compiled 79 reasons as to why we love him. Read on…
1. Because he has shown us that Buddha hoga tera baap isn’t just a random phrase. At 70, his energy levels can put people half his age to shame.
2. Because he would have made a great radio star, a great silent era star and a Hollywood great as well. He has transcended Einstein’s space and time theory.
3. Because he doesn’t have to take off his shirt to be macho. He manages it all despite that, bade aaram se…
4. Because he made the phrase ‘angry young man’ a fashion statement. And men still copy him.
5. Because no one has filled his shoes yet. He’s really made it large.
6. Because Shashi Kapoor may have Maa, he’s got Paa.
7. Because mercifully, he is neither Rajnikanth nor Chuck Norris. He doesn’t need jokes to increase his shelf life
8. Because being humble or being humane isn’t just a T-shirt logo for him.
9. Because he has taught us to have a conversation with our PCs. Hello computerji, lock kiya jaye?
10. Because while others may have abs, he doesn’t need the extra.
11. Because for our generation (and for every generation) movies would be classified as being BA (Before Amitabh) and AB (After Bachchan).
12. Because he’s the original item boy. Songs like Mere angne mein to Shava shava to Bol bol bol bol Bachchan are testimony to that.
13. Because he’s made GK (General Knowledge) cool again and has proved to be an avenger for the bookworms and geeks.
14. Because a nation stopped and prayed when he fell ill. His Coolie injury became a national calamity.
15. Because he has saved millions by saying, Do boond zindagi ke and has made even those living in the interiors interested in Polio Drops.
16. Because he’s fallible. His political career and ABCL are proof of that. We aspire to make grand mistakes like him.
17. Because he might have spring in his DNA as he has always bounced back and returned bigger and better.
18. Because he’s more tech-savvy than any teenybopper. When he’s not blogging, he’s on Twitter, his followers zooming in on every word he writes like crazy. And now he’s on Facebook too and suddenly Mark Zuckerberg looks
19. Because we journos are more interested in covering A-B of the film industry than C-Z.
20. Because he provided a cinemascope experience to TV and brought back the magic of family viewing.
21. Because we are all in awe of his gaadi, bangla and bank balance.
22. Because he was a model son to his illustrious parents, Dr Harivanshrai Bachchan and Teji Bachchan, a quality we would like to emulate and imbibe.
23. Because he gets up at five to do yoga. That’s when some of us go to sleep.
24. Because Christmas comes early for any brand that he chooses to endorse. He’s the Santa clause of the ad world contracts alright.
25. Because he’s a one-man industry, an institution and you don’t have to go whistling in the woods to learn from him.
26. Because he makes absurd look sublime. And takes sublime to new heights.
27. Because he makes you yearn for Holi every time you hear Rang barse.
28. Because he told us that English is a funny language. As bhairon becomes barron and barron becomes bhairon because their minds are very narrow.
29. Because you, your father and probably your grandfather know his famous dialogue by heart.
30. Because thanks to him you can keep a goatee without looking like a minor character from 3 Musketeers.
31. Because if you took as many pills as he does, you’d get a pharmacist’s certificate.
32. Because if one could commercialise will power, he’d have been the biggest power company
33. Because he looks as good in a knotted shirt as in an Armani.
34. Because every young director wants to cast him in the hope of being counted as a made man.
35. Because he’s known to give 110 per cent once he commits to a project. Ask Ram Gopal Varma. Go see his Aag.
36. Because he’s made it okay to fight with God and even give us a kick-ass retort – Aaj khush to bahut hoge tum.
37. Because if God wanted to make him any hotter, he would have set him on fire.
38. Because we loved him as Supremo. He’s the only B-town actor to have a comic book hero based on him.
39. Because he makes you crave for Monsoon every time you hear Aaj rapat jaayen.
40. Because he’s so punctual one can set the clock by him.
41. Because he’s made all of us revise our retirement plans.
42. Because dahi handi celebrations aren’t complete without Mach gaya shor saari nagri re…
43. Because he’s as hardworking now as he was on the sets of Saat Hindustani.
44. Because he was an outsider who made it big and started his own dynasty.
45. Because every time someone tells you to sign something, you can always procrastinate by saying Jao pehle uss aadmi ka sign leke aao…(fill in your reasons)…
46. Because he never stopped making headlines even when he was off the press.
76 reasons why we love Amitabh Bachchan
47. Because we imagine God’s voice to be something similar to his baritone.
48. Because mard ko dard nahin hota. Hit yourself hard right now to prove your manhood.
49. Because he has shown us that you can say more by raising your eyebrow than by raising your voice.
50. Because he makes us realise that being old doesn’t mean you can’t learn new tricks.
51. Because we can safely replace the words complete entertainer with Amitabh Bachchan.
52. Because unlike many other actors, he’s been married to the same woman for 40 years now.
53. Because he knows how to laugh at himself.
54. Because of his gentlemanly sense of humour.
55. Because he overtook the phenomenon called Rajesh Khanna and made the superstar tag his own.
56. Because he insists Rajesh Khanna was the only true superstar.
57. Because he gives supermodels a complex when he walks the ramp.
58. Because you can learn Hindi pronunciation by listening to his dialogue.
59. Because if you want to confuse someone, just say – the whole country of the system is juxtaposition by the haemoglobin in the atmosphere – over and over again.
60. Because he has made acting seem like Zen meditation. Click on the DVD, take several deep breaths… you’re calm already, aren’t you?
61. Because the DVDs of even his flop films have become a collector’s item.
62. Because you wanted him to beat the beefier, heavier bad guys and clean up the system. He punched away your blues.
63. Because he has taught us that it’s possible to apply band-aid to the mirror and get better.
64. Because he made us conscious of mother love time and again and reminded us that God can’t be everywhere so he made mothers.
65. Because of his intense brooding eyes. Women find them a great turn on and men have been going squint-eyed for decades trying to copy the effect.
66. Because he goes out of his way to extend a hand to the needy but doesn’t tom-tom about his charitable acts to the press.
67. Because he truly is an international superstar.
68. Because his slo-mo run is sexier than Pamela Anderson’s and Usain Bolt’s combined.
69. Because mere paas aao mere doston is a cool, scary lullaby. Try playing it in dim light and see the results.
70. Because his affection for family and friends knows no bounds. He lives and breathes for his family.
71. Because for all our desi fashionistas out there, flared pants will always be ‘how he wore ‘em’ and not how Anna Wintour said to. And those side locks are still in vogue thanks to him and only him.
72. Because even at his age, the impact of his screen presence is second to none.
73. Because ‘motion se hi emotion’ has given an all-new meaning to toilet humour.
74. Because age is just a number. We mean, just look at the man in question.
75. For making us fall in love with the color Pink, all over again…
76. Proving that Badla is the best when served cold.
77. For successfully resisting COVID-19, and becoming the succour for many in the pandemic
78. Despite all his achievements, he becomes a child again when he’s with granddaughter Aaradhya
79. For giving stiff competition to everyone in the industry even at 79.
For all the latest Entertainment News Click Here